Your most powerful message is the one you live every day.
The message you communicate most loudly is the one you live constantly each day. Why? Because wherever you go you take you with you. The relationship you have with yourself is reflected in how you show up and speak. How you speak to yourself will impact how you speak to others or how you’ll allow others to speak to you.
It is when we know ourselves, like ourselves, feel comfortable with ourselves, and act true to ourselves that we are capable of knowing others, liking them, feeling comfortable with them, and being open and genuine with them. Even in the way we communicate.
So how can you start showing up in a more powerful way?
- Be mindful of your thoughts and words. What are you thinking and saying to yourself and others? Are your thoughts and words aligned with your values and goals? If not, make a conscious effort to change them.
- Take action and speak in line with your values. Reflect on your priorities. The actions you take, the things you spend most of your time on, the people you hang out with- do they align with your values and the bigger message you want to communicate with your life? Do your values show up in the words you speak? If not, what are small changes you can make today?
- Think “less but consistent”. The secret to your success is found in the everyday mundane steps you take. The seemingly insignificant habits you do without thinking. If your goal is to become a more articulate and confident communicator, develop small daily habits that you can practice. Make sure you are consistent with the right things.
One of the best ways to start with these simple steps is to be mindful of your thoughts and words and take action in line with your values. Remember, your actions speak louder than your words.
The stage is yours. Now, show up and shine.
3 more ways I can help you:
- The Speaking Made Simple Academy [Online Membership]: The place for innovative leading women ready to become highly-skilled and confident communicators so they can grow their reputation, reach, and revenue. Get instant access.
- 1:1 Coaching: Book a working session with me. Let’s win together. Book your power session.
- Podcast: Listen and subscribe to the Speaking Made Simple podcast to get more of my best tips and strategies for becoming a dynamic communicator. It’s a weekly show you can listen to directly on your phone. Click here to follow the podcast.